I don’t usually do this, but I had a great idea for a show that NXT should do, and felt like sharing. I have my doubts that WWE will ever do this, but they should really consider it. Picture this: NXT TakeOver: WrestleMania. No, Vince, I don’t mean them actually taking over WrestleMania, don’t throw your pacemaker outta whack. Rather, an NXT special that airs the night before at the same arena, so you’ve got NXT on Saturday, WrestleMania on Sunday, and RAW on Monday. In fact, considering how huge next year’s ‘Mania will be, in terms of attendance, might be the best time for it.
As for matches…well, keep in mind, a lot of this is subject to change based on if these people will all be available, who is holding what belts, and ignoring what potential plans WWE has in mind. It’s just ideas off the top of my head right here and now. Basically, I’d want it to more or less be a big reunion show of everyone that made it big in WWE that came up through NXT. Guys like Dean Ambrose, Cesaro, Neville, the Lucha Dragons, the Ascension, Kevin Owens, and so on, and have them wrestle with the top names in NXT right now, like Finn Bálor, The Vaudevillains, Samoa Joe, Sami Zayn, Blake and Murphy, Tyler Breeze, and Hideo Itami. As such, here’s a few ideas for matches they could do (note, some competitors in these matches overlap).
- One Last Time, 2 out of 3 Falls: Cesaro vs Sami Zayn.
- Spear vs Gore: Roman Reigns vs Rhyno
- NXT Tag Team Championship 4-Way Elimination Match: Blake and Murphy (c) vs The Lucha Dragons vs The Ascension vs The Vaudevillains
- #1 Contender Ladder Match: Paige vs Bayley vs Emma vs Dana Brooke vs Eva Marie
- Samoa Joe vs Kevin Owens
- One Time Only Reunion: The Wyatt Family vs The Shield
- Cesaro vs Samoa Joe
- Neville vs Kevin Owens
- Sami Zayn vs Daniel Bryan
- NXT Women’s Championship Ultimate Submission Match: Sasha Banks (c) vs Charlotte
- NXT Championship: Finn Bálor (c) vs Hideo Itami, w/ William Regal as Special Guest Referree
Anyway, that’s all I had in mind. What would you guys like to see for a big WrestleMania-esque NXT show? Lemme know in the comments section below, and we’ll see if WWE takes notice. Ja né!
…Oh, and while I’m making wishes, this should totally be the intro for NXT. XD