So, I noticed there was some buzzing about on Twitter today regarding the preview pages for Superman Annual #2. So I checked up on it, and I found that the opening page of a book that I believe is meant to spotlight Lois Lane‘s 75 years in comic book history was THIS.
…Nope, I’m not gonna say anything. I’m not gonna rant, scream, or tell anybody off, because having checked Twitter, I think it’s safe to say that anything worth saying has been said already…But I AM gonna show this one picture, just because it’s both hilarious and fits this situation SO much.
Wow, I’m glad I saved that. I’ve gotten so much mileage out of that one screenshot…Now, I obviously expect this to end with some kinda twist where she turns out to be alive and was either having an out-of-body experience, or this is taking place in an alternate Earth, or something along those lines. Regardless, I would just like to remind that THIS is how this book opens: With Lois Lane sprawled out dead on the pavement in what people are already referring to as a torture porn pose. I don’t know if I actually see the torture porn aspect of it, mind you. I think they actually nailed that worse when Black Mask was torturing Stephanie Brown (seriously, you’d think they’d learn by now). It’s still horrible, though.
So, to every single Lois Lane fan in the world, I offer the following suggestion: Give yourself a HUGE hug, and DO NOT BUY Superman Annual #2. Ja né.
- Henry Cavill Talks Superman and Lois Lane’s Relationship in the ‘Man of Steel’ Sequel (screenrant.com)
- The 7 Sexiest Lois Lanes of All-Time (coed.com)
- Superman Just Did Something Very Un-Superman Again (kotaku.com)
- Why The World Still Needs Superman (biowars.com)
- In Defense of Superman: give MAN OF STEEL another chance (sabbylovesfilm.wordpress.com)
- 75 Years of Superman (wulibraries.typepad.com)
- Review: Superman Unchained 2 (comicbooked.com)
- Superman and Lois Lane Interview Each Other (nerdist.com)
- Infographic: The Ever Changing History Of Superman (dangerouslee.biz)
- I Love Ya But You’re Strange – That Time Lois Lane Tried to Nail Superman’s Dad (goodcomics.comicbookresources.com)