Remember when I said that I would’ve actually liked Superman/Wonder Woman if it was just about a couple of DC’s best superheroes teaming up to battle team-ups of their worst enemies? Well, since we all know that’s not the focus, I started thinking about what kind of comic they could do instead someday. Then I thought about a book called A+X, a Marvel book that centres around a different team-up of one Avenger and one X-Man with each story. It’s actually a pretty neat idea. So then I thought, what if DC did that?
Basically, what I had in mind is, they’d select one of their writers at random and just let them write a story about two DC superheroes teaming up to take on two of their rogues for two issues. For example, you could see Gail Simone write a story about Wonder Woman and The Flash fighting Cheetah and Gorilla Grodd, or Mike Johnson typing up Supergirl and Saint Walker vs Silver Banshee and Atrocitus. And they could keep it nice and basic, too: Two villains team-up for a crime of some sorts, two heroes that deal with them on a regular basis have to team up to take ’em on. Simple, basic, plenty of room for awesomeness.
So yeah, just an idea I thought I’d pass along for anyone who might be listening. Or hey, if no one at DC wants to do it, it’s always an idea I can use for my own superheroes. Either way, lemme know what ya think.
- DC Comics Announces All New Series Superman/Wonder Woman (evilcritic.wordpress.com)
- Breaking: New Superman/Wonder Woman Series Announced (comicbooked.com)
- Charles Soule on Superman Wonder Woman: It “will help both characters grow significantly” (comicsbeat.com)
- DC Comics Announces Superman/Wonder Woman Series (thelazygeeks.com)
- SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN Series Announced (comicvine.com)
- Wonder Woman Is Getting A Second Ongoing Comic At DC Comics. It’s Called Superman/Wonder Woman. (themarysue.com)