…Yup, I’m really doing this, folks. lol
In two days, I will release all three parts of JVPW Episode 1 of my wrestling e-fed, created using Fire Pro Wrestling World on Steam. In Episode 1, you will see such talent as AJ Styles, Chris Jericho, Asuka, Kenny Omega, Rosemary, and more get it on in Fire Pro. I’ll be sure to post links to the videos here on my blog once they’re up. Also, I might as well let everybody know that, in Episode 2, I will have not one but two 8-Person Battle Royals to determine who will face each other in the main event of that show for the JVPW Heavyweight Championship. And who will be in those matches? Well, I’m leaving that mostly up to you all. All you have to do is list off some of your favourite wrestlers in the comments below, and I will take them all under consideration. There are only the following restrictions:
- They have to have a Create A Wrestler made of them for Fire Pro on Steam.
- No dead people. Even if I’m not making money off doing this, I don’t want to feel like I’m reaping the benefits of the deceased. Just makes me uncomfortable.
- While I’m not planning to be too much of a stickler for who is and is not retired, I will not be having Shawn Michaels compete on my show, as he is the only person nowadays who seems to be trying to make his retirement from in-ring competition actually stick. He WILL, however, be one of the referees on the show, along with Renee Young and Senior Benjamin…because I had to get them on the show somehow. lol
- No Sexy Star. If you know anything about what happened between her and Rosemary last year, you should understand exactly why she won’t appear on my show, and why I personally believe she should be blackballed from wrestling in North America for the rest of her natural life.
Anyway, lemme know what you think of this project of mine, who you’d like to see make appearances, and be sure to check in Saturday night for the first episode. Play us out, Nickelback!… … …What? I like their cover of this song, okay? Leave me alone. XD
…Oh, fine! Here’s one last reveal regarding one of the guys wrestling in Episode 1!
Poor John Cena. And I really mean that. Here’s a guy that I honestly believe loves the wrestling business, loves to entertain people, and never wants to take a break from doing so. Problem is, his overall ability in the ring is lacking, and while he’s plenty charismatic and one hell of a brawler, his matches often-times leave something to be desired…And yet, people tend to forget that, if called upon to give fans an extremely entertaining roller-coaster ride of a match, more often than not, he can do it. Now, this is not me trying to say he’s the best in the world, because he isn’t. I don’t wanna start a fight with anybody, even though I know just doing this article is opening the floodgates. Still, I feel the need to point out that, while he’s not the greatest wrestler in the world, he’s also not as bad as people think sometimes. So, here’s my 5 Favourite John Cena Matches. Criteria for this one: Singles matches only, different opponent for each one, and he does not need to win. These might not necessarily be his BEST matches, either, they’re just my personal favourites. So, what better way to start than…
Could you ever ask for a better way to make your début match? Kurt Angle had just come off a victory over Hulk Hogan at King of the Ring, making Hogan tap out, and was issuing an open challenge to anyone he’d never wrestled before. After a few seconds of nobody answering the challenge, a kid by the name of John Cena came out and got in the ring, and when Angle asked what quality Cena thought he had that gave him a shot against him, Cena answered “Ruthless Aggression!” before punching Angle out. The match was VERY back and forth, which was VERY impressive for the rookie Cena, but in the end, Angle used his experience and superior mat wrestling style to get the pin. Still, Cena’s position was cemented, and it would NOT be the last time these two would meet face-to-face. I think what I like most about this match, though, is looking back on it after seeing Cena use the same 4-5 moves every match nowadays, and getting to see him actually wrestle here, and wrestle a damned good match against Kurt Angle.
John Cena was the WWE Champion for the better part of a little over a year, and was now walking into an arena of die-hard ECW fans at an ECW Pay-Per-View, going up against Rob Van Dam in a match where ANYTHING goes, and there was that one fan in the audience that had the sign that said “IF CENA WINS, WE RIOT”. So, you pretty much knew, going into the show, that Cena was dropping the belt to RVD. What you didn’t really take into account was how hard Cena was gonna make it for Mr. Monday Night. Not to take away from RVD’s performance, in fact far from it, just saying that Cena pretty much brought it to the Whole Fuckin’ Show and the ECW audience at One Night Stand and made Rob Van Dam earn the belt. My one complaint is that the involvement of Edge and Paul Heyman kind of tainted to Rob’s win a little bit. Didn’t need it.
I always look at this match as redemption through pain for John Cena. Cena had been WWE Champion on and off for the better part of two years, winning most of his matches with the same 4-5 moves chained together, and people were getting pretty sick of it. Then came the 350 pound Samoan Bulldozer, the late Edward Fatu, known then as Umaga. Up until their match at New Year’s Revolution, Umaga had never been pinned. However, after a roll-up victory out of nowhere in their match that night, Umaga’s winning streak was ended, leading to Umaga seeking revenge against the WWE Champion at the Royal Rumble in a Last Man Standing Match. And I’m just gonna say this here, these two pretty much beat the shit out of each other. Cena was bleeding all over the place, Umaga was smacked around in ways he’d never had done to him before, they went crashing through tables and steel stairs, it was just BRUTAL, and the finish to the match, while it might be considered somewhat cheap by some, I felt was a decent end that made both Cena and Umaga look strong.
This one’s actually got a little bit of a funny story behind it. They were overseas for an episode of RAW, and they had two things planned for the second half of the show: John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels, and something to do with Randy Orton, and I honestly forget what it was, but something happened and Randy Orton couldn’t be there. So what ended up happening was that Shawn Michaels and John Cena went out there and wrestled for an hour. With the exception of Iron Man matches, a one hour match is virtually unheard of in WWE in today’s day and age. And it was actually a REALLY good match. I daresay it may even be better than Michaels’ Iron Man match with Bret Hart. And while Cena didn’t win, he hung with HBK for an hour. You don’t have to win at that point. lol My one complaint about this match: It took place on a live, televised episode of RAW with extremely little build up, while their PPV match at Wrestlemania 23 was kinda lacklustre. And speaking of one hour Iron Man matches…
Randy Orton vs. John Cena, or as The Spoony One likes to it, “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” XD Admittedly, Cena and Orton have wrestled WAY too many times, but I think this is the best one, is when they went one hour in an Iron Man match. The one thing that stands out the most in this match was the fact that Orton tried to BLOW UP John Cena with the pyrotechnics on the stage. And then they tried to turn him face for a few years…I don’t get it. lol The one problem I have with this match is that they had to stop it for a few moments for blood, which was a thing they did sometimes. I’m not sure if they still do that, but it got rather annoying. I would just as soon prefer there be no blood spots in wrestling than to have a blood spot that interrupts a match, you know what I mean?
So, those are my favourite Cena matches. Got one that’s not up here? Feel free to suggest it in the comments sections. All I ask, PLEASE don’t turn the comments section into an argument. I’m not asking you to like John Cena, just please, please, PLEASE do not start flaming each other if you disagree on him. Ja né!
- WWE Hell in a Cell 2013: Alberto Del Rio Should Beat John Cena Cleanly (bleacherreport.com)
- John Cena feels his Miami bad luck changing with return at WWE Hell in a Cell (miamiherald.com)
- John Cena Returning! What Does That Entail? (grizzlybomb.com)
- WWE 2K14: Dream Matches Fans Can Create with DLC Characters (bleacherreport.com)
- Triple H Focusing on the Tag Team Division Again?, PG Product Paying Off for WWE, Cena’s Return (worldwrestlingstreams.wordpress.com)
- John Cena’s Early Return Indicates Lack of Faith in WWE’s Future (bleacherreport.com)
- John Cena Comments on If He Is Returning to WWE Too Soon (worldwrestlingstreams.wordpress.com)
- Jim Ross Blogs on WWE Championship & World Heavyweight Championship HIAC Matches (worldwrestlingstreams.wordpress.com)
- WWE Hell in a Cell 2013: Smart Projections for Top Feuds (bleacherreport.com)
- WWE Hell In A Cell Predictions (seanally11.wordpress.com)