Tales of the Caped Crusader – My New Fanfic (WARNING – SELF-PROMOTION AHEAD, LOL)
So, after talking a lot about How Would I Rebuild The DC Universe From Scratch, as well as rewatching some DC movies and Batman: The Animated Series, I got the idea for a fanfic that I’m actually writing right now on FanFiction.net: Tales of the Caped Crusader.
So here’s the basic premise: Bruce Wayne is in the 4th year of his tenure as Batman, and he’s begun to feel the effects on his mind and his body. He’s out later every night, he’s getting into nastier fights, and he’s doing it all alone. Dick Grayson has been in his care for about a year and is nearing the end of his training, but now Bruce is beginning to have second thoughts about letting a child (Dick is 13 in this fic) get involved in what he sees as a war of sorts against crime in Gotham City. At this point, Bruce has met Superman and Wonder Woman and knows who they are, but there is no Justice League, primarily because there has been no need for a large team of superheroes, since the three of them have been doing alright on their own.
Anyway, the story picks up as Bruce is beginning to have doubts as to whether or not his father would approve of some of his decisions, namely his training of Dick to become Robin. However, during a night’s brawl against some goons, Batman meets a detective claiming to know who he is. More-so, he suggests that Bruce was not the first person to become Batman. In reality, Thomas Wayne had taken up the cape and cowl for a single night. Of course, the obvious questions come to mind immediately: Why was Thomas Wayne Batman? How does this detective know this? Why is Bruce only just now learning about it? All those questions have answers, some of which will shock Bruce, and others will give resolution to his doubts, as he is forced to learn the hidden truth about The Batman.
As you can tell, the plot takes elements from a lot of different stories and continuities. For example, Thomas Wayne has been Batman before, and he’ll be wearing the costume from Flashpoint, minus the guns or anything else lethal since he’s not a killer here. Also, a lot of characters from various Batman and Bat-related stories are involved. For example, the new version of Copperhead fights Batman at one point, Rupert Thorne is mentioned here and there, there’ll probably be more that appear as time goes by, and even the detective relaying all of this to Bruce is someone you should all know, but I suppose I’m getting ahead of myself.
Now, will I do anything beyond this? I dunno yet. I have something in mind, but I don’t know if I’ll do it or not. In fact, I’m not gonna make that decision yet. I’m just gonna write this fic, and then whatever happens after that will be then, not now. Until then, click on the pic below and go check out Tales of the Caped Crusader, and lemme know what you think of it so far. Ja né!
- Batman Vs. Superman – What Would Really Happen? (geektyrant.com)
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’: Bruce Wayne Getting a Love Interest in ‘Man of Steel 2′? (screenrant.com)
- ‘Man of Steel 2′: Director & Producer Explain Ben Affleck Batman Casting (screenrant.com)
- Who’s Who in the New 52: Alfred (comicbooked.com)
- Batman Character Guide (birthdayinabox.com)
- The Best Batman Writers in Comics (houseofgeekery.com)
- Why Ben Affleck as Batman in Superman vs. Batman is not such a bad thing (metro.co.uk)
- Five Batman Characters We Want To See In The Batman vs. Superman Movie (focusthoughts.wordpress.com)
- Nathan Fillion: ‘I’d Make a Terrible Batman’ (aceshowbiz.com)
- Kubert Shines BAT SIGNAL on “Damian: Son of Batman” and The Joker (comicbookresources.com)