…SO, today was kinda nuts. Before I go in-depth on all of the big announcements, since I fully expect more news to come out soon enough, let’s instead take a look at some of the art revealed for the new books and a few quick notes I took for the different titles.
Anyway, that’s all for now. I’ll go more in depth soon enough, though. Lemme know your own thoughts below, and we’ll see how things pan out from now to May 25th, 2016. Ja né!
Merry Christmas Eve Day, everybody! lol So, as an early Christmas present, here’s a sneak peek at chapter 3 of my current fanfic, Justice League Infinite, and once again, a look at the DCIU (yes, that’s what I’m calling it, lol) version of Poison Ivy.
Ivy leaned back against the pilot’s chair, looking out through the front window of the shuttle. It was her turn to keep watch for Starro, and while she didn’t know how to steer the ship, she at least understood the read-outs on the helm’s screens and controls. Still, it was getting more than a little boring just looking ahead for anything to appear out of nowhere, and while the ship was much faster than the average space shuttle, it was still going much too slow for, say, the stars to speed by.
“Should be any time now,” Pam heard Wonder Woman declare as she slipped into the seat next to her.
“Maybe he took a nap somewhere?” Ivy suggested, getting a shrug from the Amazon Queen. “…So, thoughts?”
“Just hoping we can put a stop to this without any bloodshed,” Diana replied.
Pamela sighed, the vines and leaves on her suit ruffling slightly. “I just hope we can stop this period and get home safely.”
“Feeling regret for coming?” Wonder Woman asked.
“Not regret per se, just concern for the people I’m leaving behind,” Pam admitted.
Diana gently put a hand to Ivy’s shoulder, smiling warmly. “…Garfield will be alright, Pamela. And you’ll see him again soon enough.”
Poison Ivy nodded, looking back out at the stars and deciding to change the subject. “…So, you and Mera, huh? What’s THAT like?”
The Queen of Themyscira shrugged. “It’s nice. She’s a good person, a wonderful friend, a kind ruler to her people-“
“And it must be great going to bed every night to someone you know legitimately cares for you and knows your personal needs,” Ivy suggested with a knowing smirk as she folded her arms behind her head, managing to get a rare blush from Wonder Woman. “You let me stay on Themyscira for a time, remember? I KNOW the customs of your people.”
Diana grinned, almost as if she’d been challenged. “Quite. Oh, and for the record, Artemis is still waiting for you to come calling.”
“HEY, that was a one time thing!” Ivy shot back, sitting up as her foliage turned a rusty red for a moment before turning green again. “We both agreed to those terms!”
“And you believed her?” Diana inquired. “Did you even KNOW the kind of person Artemis was? She’s a warrior whose mindset is always on winning and getting what she wants.”
“Yeah, well I-” Pamela started to retort before her eye caught the image of something closing in from a distance: A large, green, star-like object with a single red eye in the center. “Starro!”
“Everybody, ready up!” Wonder Woman yelled, the rest of the team entering the main cockpit as she did.
The group of seven heroes watched as they got closer to the creature. It was most certainly as big, if not bigger, than the shuttle, and its tentacles were long and thick looking, seemingly strong enough to crush the ship if it so wanted. And for some odd reason, as they drew closer to it, Diana felt a small chill run down her spine, as if there were some hidden power to Starro that only she could feel.
“We should be extremely careful when engaging,” Wonder Woman stated.
“Fate, better use that spell on yourself and the others,” Superman recommended, the golden-helmed sorcerer nodding in agreement.
“Hey, this is probably a bad time to bring this up, but even if we can breathe in space, it’s not like we can ALL fly,” Flash pointed out. “I need a ramp to get airborne for even a little while, and Ivy can’t fly period.”
“I’ve got that part covered,” Batman replied, reaching into his belt to produce what looked to be silver anklets of some sort. “Hook these on. It’ll magnetize you to the haul of the ship, and it shouldn’t even slow you down much.”
“Well, that should help,” Ivy admitted, strapping hers on while Doctor Fate erected shimmering golden energy fields around her, Flash’s, Diana’s, and his own body. “What about you, though?”
“Jet propulsion and magnetic boots are installed,” the Dark Knight explained as a steel mouthpiece shut over the lower half of his cowl. “Now let’s get to work.”
And before you ask, I of course mean Artemis the Amazon, not the Goddess…or Artemis from Young Justice…Man, that’s gotta confuse some people. lol Anyway, lemme know what you think so far, and be sure to check out Chapter 3 when posted. Ja né, and Merry Christmas!
Aaaaaaaaannnnnd welcome back to another edition of ‘How Would I Rebuild The DC Universe From Scratch?’, the ongoing series where I talk about what I’d do if I were in charge of a DC reboot, tv series, alternate reality series (Think Marvel’s Ultimate universe), and so on. And seeing as how I’ve taken a lot of these ideas and used them in my fanfics nowadays, you’d THINK I’d wanna keep these ideas to myself, but I like sharing them, seeing what people think, and getting feedback.
So, up until this point, I’ve been talking about the characters, but what about the stories? Like, if I was gonna do an adaptation of a story from the comics, like in one of the DC Animated Original Movies, or a novelization. And I’m not against the idea of possibly doing a novelization of certain stories for FanFiction.net, btw. So, let’s see what I’d do with some of my favourites, some of my less-than-favourites, and some that desperately need a rehash.
Okay, I originally submitted this on the tumblr AT4W Secrets, but something went wrong with it, so I decided to post it here instead. Well, more or less what I originally said, anyway. And for the record, it’s not a good thing that, after watching Linkara’s review of The Culling that I can pick out over half a dozen things they could’ve done differently to make the story at least SLIGHTLY better…
- Make the suits they wear have some sort of device on them that Harvest can use to keep constant track of them, or that keeps them from leaving The Crucible without his permission, or something like that. In other words, MAKE THE SUITS MAKE SENSE.
- I don’t know if Harvest’s real back-story about trying to create an army to wipe out all meta-humans was created before or after The Culling, but if it was before, make it clear here. Stop trying to make it so that he seems sympathetic, because it doesn’t work. NO ONE sympathizes with Harvest. AT ALL. Plus, then it would make the presence of a group of heroes from the Legion of Superheroes make sense, as they would know who and what Harvest is and would be trying to stop him.
- Honestly, I think I would make Harvest FAR less of a spin-doctor. I mean, wouldn’t he actually seem a lot more credible if he admitted that the Titans and Legion Lost managed to get the better of him, and then swore to come back and take his vengeance for ruining his plans? It’d be horrifying to think that someone with as much power as he has would one day return, only royally pissed off and ready to kill them all.
- Make it so that the people who survive The Culling are MADE to join The Ravagers. Y’know, with brain control or something. Then make it so that Ridge got free of his near the end and left the group…Speaking of which…
- DO NOT CALL THE SPIN-OFF TEAM THE RAVAGERS! I’ve actually brought this up before, but if DC really wants that dark and edgy group of Teen Titans, then here’s an idea: Make THESE GUYS the dark and edgy Titans! You could even call them The Savage Titans or something like that. Plus, then you would have a place for Skitter, since she kinda disappeared in The Culling and hasn’t been seen since.
- I would not kill off Artemis in her one and only appearance. Involving her in this story actually created a great opportunity to sell the Teen Titans book to fans of the Young Justice series, as her coming along for the ride after The Culling was over would get fans of the character to want to read it…Plus, it would add some GREEN to the team…
- I’d change the ending a bit so that the three groups got to meet up for a moment before they all had to flee The Crucible. Basically, just so they can have a moment to say something like “Well, Harvest got away, but we shut down his operations and saved all these people, and that’s more important”, and they could all bid fond farewells to each other and have the series end on a more positive note. Plus, I’d probably take out the scene at the end where the Titans arrive on Mystery Island. Just saying, it kinda detracted, although I will admit it almost felt like an ending to an episode of Quantum Leap. lol
- I guess with his new origin, Beast Boy being red KINDA makes sense, but then you gotta wonder whether the new origin is better than the old. Really, I’m torn between making him green again, or just making him FUN again…Or both, whatever.
Not really as much to say here, since I’d wanna keep a lot of it the same. If I was doing a movie, I’d want it to be a two parter obviously, and I’d probably take out a lot of the filler and crossover stuff. Like, Red Hood and the Outlaws can go, since it didn’t add anything, and we can just see small shots of Batgirl, the Birds of Prey, and Robin taking their targets, as well as maybe shots of Red Robin and Batwoman fighting a Talon or two. Nightwing’s part in the story can be mostly reduced to his interactions with Batman, finding the book of names, learning he was supposed to be a Talon, taking on his great-grandfather, and the resolution of his character and where he stands. Not to say that the stuff involving him touring with Haly’s Circus wasn’t a good story, it was. It’s just that if I was focusing primarily on Night of the Owls, that part doesn’t need to be there.
…Leave it as is. No, seriously, nothing needs changing with this story. Now, if I was gonna adjust anything, it’d be that, if this were a movie, the little red boxes that show everyone’s info when the probes scan everyone would be little pop-ups you could switch on and off on the DVD…In fact, why they hell doesn’t this have a movie already?! SOMEONE MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Anyway, I think that’s all for now. Next time, I think I’ll look at a few more of the heroes, including probably my favourite Robin of all. Ja né!
- Diametrically Opposed: Nightwing / Deathstroke (modernmythologies.com)
- Why Am I Still Reading More DC Then Marvel? (redblooms.wordpress.com)
- Franchises Collide When “Scribblenauts Unmasked” Invades the DC Universe (comicbookresources.com)
- New 52 in Review: Week 4 (thereforeigeek.com)
- Harley Quinn, Kate Kane, and the falling DC Universe (thestake.org)
- Five Batman Characters We Want To See In The Batman vs. Superman Movie (focusthoughts.wordpress.com)
- Watered Down Comics (unstableparticles.wordpress.com)
- Why #FireDiDio Won’t #SaveDC (bwmedia.wordpress.com)
- DC Fan’s Calling for DC to Stop Their Editorial from “Messing Up Storylines” through a Petition. (cashmancultureshock.wordpress.com)
- Fixing DC’s Movie Universe (ifanboy.com)