Pokémon Sun And Pokémon Moon Confirmed!
…Yup, it’s official.
…Okay, I have so many questions, so I’m just gonna get ’em out in a bulleted list. XD
- Does this mean we’re NOT getting a Pokémon Z Version, or just not yet?
- If not, what does that mean for Zygarde’s alternate forms?
- Is this even the anticipated Generation VII, or direct sequels to X and Y? Or BOTH?
- Will they be exclusive to the New 3DS?…God, I hope not. o.O
- Why does the little artwork we see in the trailer seem focused on vehicles? Are we getting a greater emphasis on vehicles in these games? ‘Cuz while they’ve been around since the beginning, they haven’t really been exploited to their fullest potential in-game. Pokémon are still the primary method of getting around within a region, whether it’s riding on Rhyhorn or Mamoswine back across harsh terrain, using Pokémon that can swim or otherwise traverse rivers and lakes to get across water, or flying with Pokémon to fast-travel from place to place. Oh, and just saying, that firetruck with Blastoise riding in the back was ADORABLE. lol
- If this IS Generation VII, how many new Pokémon are we getting? Are they going to be scaled back like in X & Y, or will we be getting a new region populated almost entirely of new Pokémon like in Black and White?
- Are we gonna see Ash-Greninja in the games, or is it anime exclusive in order to give Ash something akin to a Mega Evolution without actually giving him a Mega Evolution?
- What’s the meaning behind Sun and Moon? Are there new Legendaries that are related to the sun and the moon? Are the version exclusives going to be Pokémon found in the same places at different times of the day? Are Solrock and Lunatone getting Mega Evolutions?
- What other new Mega Evolutions and forms will there be for older Pokémon this time around?
- We’ve learned that Pokémon from the re-released Red, Blue, and Yellow will be transferable to Sun and Moon via Pokémon Bank, and there’s a big emphasis on everything “coming together” for this one. Is there some kind of emphasis on that in the story? Are we maybe going to see old characters return? Are we getting further elaboration on old stories and mythologies? Is this perhaps the CONCLUSION of the main Pokémon games, at least up to this point?
- Will Ash EVER turn 11 and/or win an actual regional tournament???
Anyway, lemme know what you think of these questions, what you think the answers will be, and if there are any other questions you have, and we’ll see what develops between now and the end of the year. Ja né!