Daily Archives: November 17, 2013
So, as I tweeted earlier, I’ve decided to officially and graciously bow out of National Novel Writing Month. Why? For a number of reasons. First and foremost, however, the story I’m writing is reaching its natural conclusion, and I’m not even at the halfway point for the word count. While I’m way behind, I’m sure I COULD reach the 50,000 word minimum by the end of the month, but I’m already pulling filler out of my ass to extend the word count as much as humanly possible, so I don’t think the quality of my work would be any good.
Reason #2 kinda spins from the first one, in that I’m really NOT good at working with a deadline, be it a date and time, word minimum, or in this case, all the above. I’m a very ‘my pace’ kind of writer. It’s obviously something I’ll have to work on in the future, it just isn’t something I can overcome RIGHT NOW.
Reason #3…Well, to be honest, I kind of decided to just jump into it spontaneously this year. I had only just heard of it when I decided to officially enter. Now, that having been said, I can tell you I’ve enjoyed the heck outta this, and it’s definitely something I wanna try again next year, once I’ve thought about what went wrong this time and I’ve had some more time to improve.
And finally, reason #4, I wanna get back to blogging regularly and writing the other stories I was plotting for Infinite DC soon. Birds of Prey: Dark hasn’t been updated in forever, my blog hasn’t been updated very much at all, there’s a really great Batman and Robin story I wanna do, I STILL need to get back to editing me and DorkynProudOfIt’s Thor: The Dark World vlog, and then there’s Justice League that I wanna get to. However, before I do all of that, I still need to finish Wonder Woman.
So, with all that being said, this does not mean you won’t be seeing Infinite DC – Wonder Woman. In fact, because I’m not writing it for NaNoWriMo anymore, I can begin the process of posting chapters of it to Fanfiction.net right away. So, expect the first chapter to be posted before the day is out. I hope you all enjoy it, as I put a lot of work into this.
So, this gives me a year to ponder what I will be doing next year. I will think hard about that over the next 12 months or so. Rest assured, though, one way or another, you can most definitely expect to see me entering NaNoWriMo 2014. Until then, look out for Infinite DC – Wonder Woman on Fanfiction.net, and plenty more blog entries on here. Ja né!
- You can do it! Success stories of people that have turned their #NaNoWriMo books into bestsellers. http://t.co/2Bg1AAOp7A (tor.com)
- So…Are You Doing NaNoWriMo? (eclecticvoices.org)
- I miss NaNoWriMo/ Selandris (amyradbourne.wordpress.com)
- What is NaNoWriMo? (pluvium.wordpress.com)
- A NaNoWriMo Update (dlkamstra.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo So Far (thebaffledkingcomposing.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day 4 – My protagonist has written me a letter (sailorv.typepad.com)
- NaNoWriMo Adventure Update (lonelybrideadventures.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day #16 (marsharandolph.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo: How it began, and how I’m done for this year. (minasalcove.wordpress.com)