Daily Archives: October 22, 2013
THE GLITCH LIVES – The Original Pokémon Glitch Is Back, WITH A VENGEANCE
Beneath the seas, beside the flames
Off the coast, where the lost beast came
To bring the world misery and shame
A piece of the world is Missing.
The path you should have never crossed,
The Beast exacts a heavy cost,
The number of the Beast is lost,
You will know it by its hissing.
The bones from hell you cannot tame,
Devour your life and all your fame,
That is the price to play its game,
And all while you’re reminiscing.
The poem you have just read was created for the popular web series and comic book review show (that I could not shut up about to save my life), Atop The Fourth Wall. In the series, the main character, Linkara, learns of an Outer God called The Entity that has infected the world, even making people disappear as they are absorbed into its being. What he later discovers is that The Entity is actually MissingNo., a glitch in the original Pokémon games, that became an Outer God in an alternate universe. In reality, MissingNo., or Missing Number, is just a glitch in the old games that was rumoured to be something of a game-breaker if encountered and captured. There’s conflicting information on just what it can and can’t do, and just how it works, but I suggest you look it up on Bulbapedia. It explains a lot better than I can.
Well, recently, there was a bug discovered in the Pokémon X & Y games, located in Lumiose City, also believed to be a game-breaker. It was apparently dealt with…However, recent images have revealed THIS!
…So yeah, MissingNo. is back, apparently with a vengeance…I can’t wait for Lewis Lovhaug to hear about this on Twitter. I know I’ve already tweeted him, but I’d be willing to bet he’s gotten at least a couple dozen others. Knowing my luck, he’ll integrate it into the story on his show to bring The Entity back…and I still haven’t gotten the horrifying scream The Entity let loose when it died the first time outta my head!
…Anyway, discuss, feel free to share your own MissingNo. stories. For now, I’m just gonna go hide under blankets with a Poké Ball in one hand and a Lightsaber in the other…Ja né!
- How to avoid Pokemon X / Y’s save glitch in Lumiose City (joystiq.com)
- Holy Crap. Has The Famous Glitch, Missingno, Returned In Pokémon X & Y? (kotaku.com)
- MissingNo: The Most Influential Video Game Glitch (knowledgepod.wordpress.com)
- Pokemon: 5 nostalgic memories from Pokemon Red and Blue (o.canada.com)
- Thoughts on Pokémon X (chrisgeorgegamedesign.com)
- Pokemon X short game review (hjwbarberablogs.wordpress.com)
- Pokémon X and Y Review – Among the Very Best (technobuffalo.com)
- Pokemon X & Y Review (goodkindofgeek.com)
- Pokémon X & Y bug breaks saves, is triggered in Lumiose City – report (vg247.com)
- The Pokemon X and Y Lumiose glitch, and a potential fix (destructoid.com)