New Fossil Pokémon Evolutions + Additional Details Regarding Pokémon X & Y
Well, looks like the new Fossil Pokémon have had their evolved forms unveiled, so let’s take a look at ’em!
Tyrantrum is the evolved form of Tyrunt, and holy crap, does it look AWESOME! :O It looks like if Greymon was a Pokémon. I half-expect it to fire Nova Blast in my face. That said, it probably will be able to learn Fire Fang, considering its Ability powers up biting moves, and hey, it needs something to deal with those pesky Fairy-types (Tyrantrum is Rock/Dragon-type, remember).
Aurorus is the evolved form of Amaura. Like its pre-evolved form, this Rock/Ice-type can turn Normal-type attacks into Ice-type attacks. Also, it can apparently learn a move called Freeze Dry, an Ice-type move which can freeze opponents, AND has the added effect of somehow doing super-effective damage to Water-types.
There have been a couple of other details released about Pokémon X & Y, though I cannot be 100% certain as to the validity of these, so take ’em with a grain of salt. First off, apparently none of the new Pokémon found in the Kalos Region can Mega Evolve, at least not in X & Y. That makes sense, and frankly, I’m rather glad they’re focusing on the older Pokémon with Mega Evolution. Also, there are rumours that Pokémon will still gain experience from battle even if the opponent is caught, which is rather different, and that there may be a place to change clothes in every Pokémon Centre in Kalos. Again, can’t confirm these, but it would certainly change things up, especially the part regarding experience.
Anyway, lemme know what you think below, we’ll see what gets revealed next. Ja né!
- September Corocoro, One More Month: Pkmn X&y (solarblade.wordpress.com)
- Pokemon X and Y – New Pokemon Revealed: Fossil Evolutions + New Gameplay (reecewhiskey.wordpress.com)
- Pokémon X & Y – Amura’s moves detailed, Pokémon will gain XP (vg247.com)
- Pokemon X and Y director discusses the games’ strategic depth and Mega Evolutions (polygon.com)
- Mega Evolution (meowinpokemons.wordpress.com)
- Pokémon X & Y trailer shows evolved forms of starters Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie (vg247.com)
- ‘Pokémon X’ and ‘Y’ TV commercial – watch video (digitalspy.co.uk)
- The World Of Pokemon X & Y Is Coming To Pokemon TCG Fans Around The Globe (mynintendonews.com)
- Pokemon X/Y: WHY?! Director Masuda himself answers! (gamesradar.com)
- Pokemon X and Y 27 days left… (theangryshelgon.wordpress.com)
Posted on September 19, 2013, in Pokémon and tagged Aurorus, Evolution, Fossil Pokémon, Gameplay of Pokémon, Kalos, Kalos Region, Mega Evolution, new pokemon, Nintendo, Pokémon, Pokémon X, Pokémon X & Y, Pokémon Y, Tyrantrum. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.