What I Bought Today – Talon #11 (WARNING – SPOILERS)
Well, shouldn’t be too hard talking about…
…considering that I only bought one comic, and I’ll talk a little bit about what I didn’t buy later. For now, let’s take a look at Talon #11.
Well, I’ll give Mister Rose this much: He makes a pretty solid argument for the use of a good ol’ tactical retreat. Calvin makes it clear that Bane could easily crush him, but that getting into a one-on-one fist fight with him was never his goal: Instead, with Calvin’s buddies taking out Bane’s lieutenants, Calvin decides to head back to Gotham to warn Sarah of the coming army. However, when he calls, he gets Batman instead. While Calvin and the others were fighting Bane’s army, Sarah had escaped police custody and lit the Bat-Signal, only the Gotham Butcher arrived first. Although Batman managed to stop him from killing Sarah, her wounds are critical, and she may not survive. However, she’s still better off than Sebastian Clark, who Bane decides to kill in a single punch after his recent failure and with The Outsider giving him a better offer.
…Yeah, so some good news/bad news regarding this issue. First, please don’t let Sarah die. She’s been a delight to read in this series, and while she wouldn’t exactly be meaninglessly killed off, since you could say that, with her final act, she steered Batman in the right direction to help Calvin, it would still be a loss of a character that I feel has so much more to contribute. Also, I gotta say, Sebastian getting his face Falcon Punched in seemed kinda…wasteful. However, I somehow doubt this is the last we’ve seen of Clark, since he WAS the Grandmaster of the Court of Owls, and might have some of their stuff hidden away, HINT HINT.
Anyway, that’s it for this month, and looking to Villain’s Month, I see that the grand total of books on my checklist is…6. Half of which come out next week. lol So yeah, next week, we check out Batman and Robin 23.1: Two-Face, Action Comics 23.1: Cyborg Superman, and…yes, believe it or not, we return to Batman: The Dark Knight with the guidance of Gail Simone to learn more about the frakking freaky new Ventriloquist. Ja ne!
- Villain Month Guide: Part 1 – Batman (retcon-punch.com)
- Batman: How Dark Should Ben Affleck’s Dark Knight Be? (variety.com)
- Batman: city of owls (mtgcblog.wordpress.com)
- Batman: city of owls (tjabercromby.wordpress.com)
- Batman: Night of the Owls (scrattsite.wordpress.com)
- Comic Releases for August 28, 2013 (comicbooked.com)
- DC Comics Solicitations for November, 2013 (comicbookresources.com)
- Tynion Revives “League of Assassins” & “Court of Owls” (comicbookresources.com)
- Tynion Revives “League of Assassins” & “Court of Owls” (drhiphop85.com)
- ‘Telling Punchy Little Stories’: Chris Burnham on ‘Batman Incorporated Special’ #1 (geek-news.mtv.com)
Posted on August 28, 2013, in What I Bought Today and tagged Bane, Bat Signal, Batman, Calvin Rose, Comics, Court of Owls, Gotham City, Sebastian Clark, Talon, The Outsider. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.