What I Didn’t Buy Today (And Why I Should Have/Shouldn’t Have) – Superman Unchained #1
So I bought some comics, but I don’t really feel up to talking about them much today. I’m still kinda down from the thing I mentioned earlier, plus I just wanna work more on my stories, in particular Zenith Woman. What’s funny about Zenith Woman is that I started her series on the same week that Man of Steel is coming out, and of course I’d be full of it if I suggested that she wasn’t even a little bit inspired by Superman. And speaking of Superman, and his presence in the media this week, I wanna talk about the book I did NOT buy today: Superman Unchained #1.
Now, I haven’t read the book, only seen a few pictures of it, so I don’t really know much about it beyond what the solicit’s synopsis tells. And in case you haven’t seen the solicit, the synopsis reads…
“When thirteen satellites fall from the sky in one day, the logical suspect is Lex Luthor – even though he’s still locked up in prison! But a stranger question remains: If Superman didn’t stop the last satellite from falling, who did? There’s a mystery hidden where even Superman can’t see it – Can The Man of Steel drag a decades-old secret into the light?” Now, as I said before, I haven’t read the book, so I can’t give a fair assessment if it’s good or not. However, considering it’s Scott Snyder and Jim Lee, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say probably? It can’t possibly be as bad as the Lobdell title, that much I am sure of.
So why didn’t I buy it? Well, the answer is simple: I didn’t have the money, okay? They wanted me to spend $4.99, a price usually reserved for annuals, on the same week that Batman, Batgirl, Nightwing, AND Li’l Gotham came out? Suck my left moob, Superman! lol Besides, there were a TON of copies, so I can always go back in on a week where there aren’t a lot of my favourite books coming out and get it then, which I will probably end up doing. But I’m sure people will wanna know what it’s like ahead of time to determine if it’s worth buying, so I’ll post links to people that have reviewed the book at the bottom of the page.
Anyway, I’ll let’cha guys know what I thought about the books I bought today tomorrow…I will warn you of this much, however: While it’s a good book, Batgirl #21 will scare the shit outta you! Ja né!
- PREVIEW: Snyder & Lee’s “Superman Unchained” #1 (comicbookresources.com)
- Check Out SUPERMAN UNCHAINED Comic Gatefold ‘Poster’ (comicvine.com)
- COMICS: Another Lettered Preview Of Scott Snyder And Jim Lee’s SUPERMAN UNCHAINED #1 (comicbookmovie.com)
- ADVANCE REVIEW: Snyder & Lee’s “Superman Unchained” #1 (comicbookresources.com)
- Unshackle Your Enthusiasm With Superman Unchained #1 On The Wednesday Run – June 12, 2013 (biffbampop.com)
- Superman Unchained #1 (comicvine.com)
- Why The World Still Needs Superman (biowars.com)
- Advance (Spoiler-Free) Reviews: Superman Unchained #1 and Batman #21 (geek-news.mtv.com)
- Superman Unchained #1 (Now Available) (evilcritic.wordpress.com)
- Comic book review: Superman Unchained #1 (spoiler free) (geekbloggeruk.wordpress.com)