Tales of Dumbassery: Damian In Injustice
Yes, my friends, it is time to take your aspirin, as your sanity creates a headache from having to be ground against…
So y’know, even after all this bullcrap involving Superman killing Lois Lane in the prequel comics to Injustice: Gods Among Us, I’ve still been trying to keep a positive attitude about this game. And I should note that, even after learning what I’m about to share with you all, I do still plan to buy it. If nothing else, I’m sure that I can enjoy it from the perspective of it being a fighting game, and let’s be fair, if there’s one thing NetherRealm Studios knows how to do, it’s make and maintain a good fighting game franchise. However, I will also say that my positive attitude has diminished ever so slightly due to idiotic things like THIS:
That’s right, apparently Damian Wayne murdered Dick Grayson, took his place as Nightwing, and betrayed Batman to Superman’s new regime. *inhales deeply*…Okay, so let’s count down the wrong here as calmly as possible.
- The mere idea that Damian Wayne would betray Batman to ANYONE is so contrary to the character that it’s sickening. If he wasn’t gonna do it for his own mother, he wouldn’t do it for anybody. Period.
- Honest to God, I actually think that if Damian had actually asked Dick for the mantle of Nightwing, he would’ve GIVEN it to him. Seriously.
- Damian would not kill Dick Grayson unless he was being controlled somehow. The two were like brothers.
- What the frickety frakkity fudge is up with Damian’s appearance in this game? Now, I’m going to assume that Damian’s done a lot of growing since he’s now at an age where, height wise, he can be mistaken for Dick Grayson, but what’s up with his hair? Damian would not grow his hair out, especially after that talk he had with Stephanie Brown about the dangers of letting longer hair out in combat to be grabbed at. Between that and the red Nightwing costume (which admittedly, Dick DOES wear these days, although the default appearance for Nightwing in the game is of him in blue), we can assume they’re going for dark and edgy and all that bullcrap. Then again, of the Bat Family members, I think Dick himself holds the record for most ridiculous heel turn costume with Renegade.
- While I admit that this heel turn/revelation is shocking as all heck, which I’m sure was the point, I will also note that it doesn’t make a single lick of sense, as evidenced from above.
- The timing of this is so HORRIBLE. Now, on the one hand, it is good to see that Damian is in the game, but to turn him heel? Especially after the way we saw him go down in Batman Incorporated recently? It’s such an emotional whiplash that I’m starting to feel sick to my stomach all over again.
So that’s my thoughts on the matter. Leave a comment below, and I will see you guys when Injustice: Gods Among Us comes out, and on the next Tales of Dumbassery. Ja né!
Posted on April 7, 2013, in Comic Books, Tales of Dumbassery and tagged Batman, Comics, Damian Wayne, DC Comic, DC Comics, Fighting game, Games, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Lois Lane, Netherrealm Studio, NetherRealm Studios, Nightwing, Superman, Video Games. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.